Today Steven is joined by Dan Handford to discuss the serial entrepreneur mindset. They dive into what are some of the things that have made the biggest difference for Dan when it comes to growing a business, the importance of bringing the right talent and the right people to work with, and how to determine that you have found the right person for the job.
- A lot of entrepreneurs get into the trouble of feeling like they have to do everything themselves because they believe they can do everything better than everybody else, however, If you hire somebody to do the job that you’re doing right now, you can continue to go and grow different direction
- Cross-training on multiple positions is important because if somebody leaves, you have people who know how and are ready to take on those responsibilities
- Test things before you commit fully to be able to see what is the result going to be before you put everything in that place
- Hire somebody who has already been down the path and can lead in that direction much more quickly and more effectively
- Don’t think of hiring as a cost or an expense but as an investment to get where you want to go
Are you looking for High-Performance Business & Mindset Coaching? Schedule a call now and see how we can be of service to you. www.investormindset.com/discover
About our Guest:
Dan and his wife, Dennae, along with their 4 children (3 girls and a boy) and standard poodle, reside and work in Columbia, SC.
Dan Handford is one of the managing partners with PassiveInvesting.com which is a national passive apartment investment firm based in the Carolinas. He has led his apartment syndication company to acquire 3,583+ units with a portfolio valued at over $561mil.
He is also a passive apartment investor himself in 10,400+ units in 44 different syndication investments located across the USA.
Prior to getting started investing in real estate, Dan had an extensive background in starting multiple seven-figure and eight-figure businesses from scratch including a large group of non-surgical orthopedic medical clinics located in South Carolina.
Dan is also the founder of the Multifamily Investor Nation (#MFIN) where he provides free multifamily education to a nationwide group of over 40,000 members. The #MFIN has 50+ meetup groups across the US, Canada, and the UK that meet on the first Monday of every month.
He also hosts one of the most popular apartment investing podcasts on iTunes called “Multifamily Investor Nation” where he only interviews active multifamily investors that have closed a deal in the last 12 months. There is no fluff on this multifamily podcast and only getting down to the nuts and bolts of deal sources, financing, structuring, investor relations, closing, due diligence, etc. Go to www.MFINPodcast.com to subscribe.