Everyone needs more strategies for raising money, right? Well, very successful fundless sponsor Brian Adams drops by this week to take us through his wealth of experience in raising capital and growing a real estate business. We take a deep dive into the process of acquiring investors who are the right fit for your business style and how to keep them happy and informed in real-time with modern tech. We also discuss the key strategies needed in order to grow a business by hiring the right people and which areas to invest in. If you are growing a business or looking for ways to get more investors on board then this episode is a must.
Brian is the President and founder of Excelsior Capital, where he spearheads the investor relations and capital markets arms of the firm. He has 10 years of experience in real estate private equity. In addition, he frequently participates in speaking engagements focused on providing the real estate investment community with a real and honest outlook of the commercial real estate market so intelligent investment decisions can be made.
We go into why Jeremy became an investor, what he learned along the way and how you can achieve success in your investing career without hitting those common pitfalls. Jump into this episode and learn what the pros/cons of passive investing are and if it’s the right choice for you and your personal situation.
Join the community by subscribing and drop a comment below to get involved in the conversation… we would love to hear from you!
- It’s not just about the deals and investments. If you don’t have a solid team and infrastructure in place then your business will never grow into what it could be.
- Stay in touch with your investors. There are technology platforms that can provide information to your investors in real-time and… it’s 100% worth the investment.
- Be upfront and set expectations for your investors.
- Have a strict “no jerk” policy so you know who the right type of investors for you are.
- Don’t push unrealistic goals to investors. It’s better to underpromise and over-deliver!
- Focus on three things: capital preservation, cash on cash yield and the tax benefits of real estate ownership.
- Provide transparent communication and build a solid honest partnership.
- The average attention span of a person is 12 minutes… so don’t waste it with spiel!
- Know what YOU are best at and then bring in people that will complement your skills and fill the holes that are in your skill set.