How do you become an effective passive investor?
This week our very special guest is Spencer Hilligoss who is an active syndicator and leading business operations and investor relations for his company maddison investing. He spent over 13 years in tech building building high performance teams and was recently leading up originations at the highly respected Lending Home.
Spencer is a technology leader with a 13 year track record of building high-performing teams across five companies – three of them, software “unicorns” – valued at more than $1B. He built and led the origination teams for LendingHome and currently leads their Professional Development group. LendingHome is the largest residential flip lender in the country, responsible for more than $4B in transactions and is actively funding more than 500 deals per month.
We dive into how you can find what your goals are, before you start investing, and how to move forward with a plan to achieve said goals. It’s absolutely vital that you have a clear game plan from day 1 and this episode sets out to help you along that route. Don’t miss this episode that is truly packed full of FREE information from an investing pro!
- Passive is not always completely void of work… you still need to maintain a business model.
- The most important rule to start with is: Look at the track record and values of your potential investors and managers.
- Find someone to manage the deal that has been through a brutally challenging entrepreneurship challenge. This means they will respect your capital more.
- Look for a partner that can help understand and find deals.
- Before you invest you want to research: 1. Population growth in the city 2. Migration trends 3. Job supply and growth 4. Crime rate trend
- Look at the year on cash flow. Is the deal going to be able to produce operational profitability in the first year?
- You don’t have to start as an active investor… you can start by investing with an operator, learning from them, and then moving into actually being active yourself.
- LIMFACTS – there’s 3 limiting factors for every potential investor: Time. Capital. Expertise. Once you identify these limiting factors, you can decide which investing strategy is right for you.
The Purple Book
Learn from the smartest minds in business & investing.
About The Show
What separates those who succeed from failures? Join thousands of listeners who learn the mindset of real estate investing and how to create multiple income streams. From busy professionals interested in passive investing or the real estate entrepreneurs who are primed to scale all come together to learn the mindset of creating financial and time freedom.
The Investor Mindset is a mix of interviews, and solo shows from Steven you’re not going to want to miss. Hit subscribe, and get ready to change your life.
The Investor Mindset Podcast & President VonFinch Capital
Steven Pesavento has always been obsessed with understanding how we can think better, how we can be better and how we can do better. He is an active real estate investor who curates Commercial Real Estate Investments for clients.
The Top 5 Lessons Learned From High Performing Real Estate Investors
I’ve interviewed almost 100 guests on The Investor Mindset Podcast. They all give their best advice. But what’s THE best advice, and what does it mean for us?