What is real estate syndication, how does it work and why is it such a powerful tool for real estate investing? On this episode we go into all these essential details so you can fully understand syndication and why it can lead to real success in your investing career. This episode is packed full of free information that can increase your wealth… don’t miss it!
- The SEC protects investors who do business with operators.
- Syndication is a security and a security is a tradable financial instrument.
- You have a managing partner and a limited partner. The former makes all the day to day decisions and the later just invests the capital and is not liable for any decisions made for the property.
- A private placement memorandum (PPM) is a legal document provided to prospective investors when entering a deal. This lays out everything about the deal including: risk, operations, payouts and more.
- Typically a syndication team consists of: General partners (sponsors) including the key principal, the loan guarantor, asset manager, investor relations and acquisitions.
- You will find multiple professionals that are in on a deal including the syndication team, property managers, mortgage brokers, real estate attorneys, tax consultants and more.
- The sponsorship team goes out and purchases the asset, executes the business plan and manages the day to day of the property. Then they sell it and the return shares are provided to the investors.
- Many times private syndication deals perform better than public real estate offerings for private investors because there’s less fees and overheads.
- A syndication deal means you don’t need to manage a property manager and you go into a partnership with expert operators who make all the key decisions and have incentive to produce the biggest return possible for your investment.
The Passive Investing Playbook – https://theinvestormindset.com/passive
Learn more about investing with Steven at https://theinvestormindset.com/invest
Learn from the smartest minds in business & investing.
About The Show
What separates those who succeed from failures? Join thousands of listeners who learn the mindset of real estate investing and how to create multiple income streams. From busy professionals interested in passive investing or the real estate entrepreneurs who are primed to scale all come together to learn the mindset of creating financial and time freedom.
The Investor Mindset is a mix of interviews, and solo shows from Steven you’re not going to want to miss. Hit subscribe, and get ready to change your life.
The Investor Mindset Podcast & President VonFinch Capital
Steven Pesavento has always been obsessed with understanding how we can think better, how we can be better and how we can do better. He is an active real estate investor who curates Commercial Real Estate Investments for clients.
The Top 5 Lessons Learned From High Performing Real Estate Investors
I’ve interviewed almost 100 guests on The Investor Mindset Podcast. They all give their best advice. But what’s THE best advice, and what does it mean for us?