Subscribe & Listen:
Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them. In this episode David Allen teaches us how to clear our minds and optimize our workflow.
David takes us through the GTD way of thinking and how this can improve your life significantly and help you to reduce anxiety and stress related to life, work and family. If you’re finding that your world is slightly overwhelmed or you’re making mistakes in your business life then this is the episode you don’t want to miss.
Getting things done is a personal productivity methodology that redefines how you approach your life and work with 5 clear steps that apply order to chaos.
After decades of in-the-field research and practice of his productivity methods, David wrote the international best-seller Getting Things Done. Published in over 28 languages, TIME magazine heralded it as “the defining self-help business book of its time.” In 2015, he released a new edition of the book, with new insights, updates, and discoveries about the GTD methodology and its many personal and professional applications.
Today, David Allen is considered the leading authority in the fields of organizational and personal productivity. The David Allen Company, run by David and his wife Kathryn, oversees the certification academy and quality standards for Global Partners offering Getting Things Done courses and coaching around the world.
- You don’t have to transform yourself, just redirect the way you think.
- Your mind is for having ideas, not holding them.
- Your head is just a crappy office. Data shows your mind can only hold 4 things until you have to suboptimize your cognitive process.
- GTD is a way of thinking. It allows us to disengage with our world but in an effective way.
- The steps to get control of any situation: 1. Identify the issue 2. Decide if you need an actionable plan 3. Specify the next step in the plan.
- Completion and Creation. Finish what you put in motion and be accountable for what you put in motion.
- Jeff Sutherland – Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time – https://www.amazon.com/Scrum-Doing-Twice-Work-Half/dp/038534645X
- Daniel J. Levitin – Successful Aging: A Neuroscientist Explores the Power and Potential of Our Lives – https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/46114266-successful-aging
Learn from the smartest minds in business & investing.
About The Show
What separates those who succeed from failures? Join thousands of listeners who learn the mindset of real estate investing and how to create multiple income streams. From busy professionals interested in passive investing or the real estate entrepreneurs who are primed to scale all come together to learn the mindset of creating financial and time freedom.
The Investor Mindset is a mix of interviews, and solo shows from Steven you’re not going to want to miss. Hit subscribe, and get ready to change your life.
The Investor Mindset Podcast & President VonFinch Capital
Steven Pesavento has always been obsessed with understanding how we can think better, how we can be better and how we can do better. He is an active real estate investor who curates Commercial Real Estate Investments for clients.
The Top 5 Lessons Learned From High Performing Real Estate Investors
I’ve interviewed almost 100 guests on The Investor Mindset Podcast. They all give their best advice. But what’s THE best advice, and what does it mean for us?