Whether you are looking at just starting to invest or a long-term investor, you need to look at diversifying your portfolio. In today’s episode, Steven takes us through the differences between single asset and funding investing and how real estate can be the investing strategy you have been looking for.
- With individual or single asset investing you get to choose exactly what you are investing in whether multifamily, storage, trailer parks, etc
- The most important thing when you’re choosing an individual asset is the sponsor that you’re going to invest with
- The downside of single-asset investing is that you’re going to take a lot more time watching and reviewing the investor presentation and data
- Funding investing is going to spread your investment dollars across multiple assets, potentially even multiple different asset classes
- The benefit of funding investing is that you do not need to go and review the details on every single investment but will receive an investment summary
- What’s great about either one of these is they create massive amounts of diversification and it’s 100% hands-off for you