Gino Barbaro and I dive into what it takes to become a master player in the multi-family game. We go into detail on topics such as: what mistakes beginner investors make, why you want to start investing, property management techniques, hiring staff, how to get a headstart and much more. This episode is PACKED full of incredible learnings from one of the investing legends.
- You have to look at everything from the investor’s mindset. That means utilizing leverage, liquidity and control.
- Start with the “Why?”. If you have reasons and clarity they will reap rewards.
- When you’re managing a property you need to be in constant contact with the management company. Weekly calls and “pulse” emails containing KPIs.
- Every property should have it’s own management budget.
- What are your core values? Use these when hiring staff, using vendors and working with partners.
- You need to know the market. Know the expenses, taxes and operating costs.
- Speak with community bankers and property managers to learn about the market and gain knowledge on the market and costs.
- It’s a “people business”. Tenants leave due to bad customer service and bad landlords… not rent increases.
- Turn into that fear and head into it, despite having it.
- Challenge your limiting beliefs.
Limitless by Jim Quick – https://www.limitlessbook.com/
The Go-Giver by Bob Burg – https://www.amazon.com/Go-Giver-Expanded-Little-Powerful-Business/dp/1591848288
Never Lose a Customer Again by Joey Coleman – https://www.amazon.com/Never-Lose-Customer-Again-Lifelong/dp/0735220034
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – https://www.amazon.com/Think-Grow-Rich-Napoleon-Hill/dp/0449214923
Honeybee by Jake and Gino – https://jakeandgino.com/honeybee/
About Our Guest
Gino Barbaro is an investor, business owner, author and entrepreneur. He has grown his real estate portfolio to over 1400 multifamily units. He is the co-founder of Jake & Gino, a multifamily real estate education company that offers coaching and training in real estate founded upon their proprietary framework of Buy Right, Manage Right & Finance Right.
He is the best-selling author of two books, Wheelbarrow Profits and Family, Food and the Friars, and graduated from IPEC (Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching) where he earned his designation as a Certified Professional Coach. He currently resides in St. Augustine, Florida with his beautiful wife Julia and their six children.
Learn from the smartest minds in business & investing.
About The Show
What separates those who succeed from failures? Join thousands of listeners who learn the mindset of real estate investing and how to create multiple income streams. From busy professionals interested in passive investing or the real estate entrepreneurs who are primed to scale all come together to learn the mindset of creating financial and time freedom.
The Investor Mindset is a mix of interviews, and solo shows from Steven you’re not going to want to miss. Hit subscribe, and get ready to change your life.
The Investor Mindset Podcast & President VonFinch Capital
Steven Pesavento has always been obsessed with understanding how we can think better, how we can be better and how we can do better. He is an active real estate investor who curates Commercial Real Estate Investments for clients.
The Top 5 Lessons Learned From High Performing Real Estate Investors
I’ve interviewed almost 100 guests on The Investor Mindset Podcast. They all give their best advice. But what’s THE best advice, and what does it mean for us?